Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Travel Agencies

All,

I have been working on organizing my family cruise. This has been a rewarding experience because in everything there is a lesson. The travel agent that I have been working with is Mrs. Barbara Patterson of All Around Travel, Inc. She has been doing a wonderful job and has recently moved into a storefront in conjunction with other travel agents.

We are in the midst of a recession and I have found that people have either been developing professional home-based businesses or have established joint agreements with others to obtain a storefront. Wise move in these tough economic times! But back to the topic at hand...

OK, the travel agent that I am working with introduced me to one of her colleagues that owns Creative Travel, Inc. He has a fabulous tool that he introduced me to which is a wedding registry for travel. It works similar to having a bridal registry at a store but this is with all of your travel expenses. Now you don't get something for nothing at the start of the process; you do have to purchase your trip and than you can place the trip on your registry to have some of your guest defer your trip costs or you can just have the trip extras on the registry such as horseback riding, snorkeling, para sailing, etc. All those great things you see in the brochures when you arrive at a destination but do not have the spending money to purchase at that time (At least that is my experience :0) They also will create a wedding website along with your wedding registry to help you publicize your registry to your family and friends. Check their site out and give them a call!

Alright, Alright... I network alot and have three travel agencies in my arsenal and have been looking for more so if you are one, please contact me so that we can promote one another!

My third travel agent associate is Crystal Gooding. She is well-known for her recurring articles in the WomensJournal newsletter that comes out in Delaware and she owns Simpson Travel. She is an excellent resource for all of your travel needs.

My advice for travel agents, just like anyone, you want to work with someone that can work with you. I do not mean this in the sense of financially but personality wise. If your personalities clash, you will not be able to conduct business like you should.

No comments: